Sunday, October 26, 2008

OK, I'm ready to share the knowledge







When, I began my hair journey seriously back in 2006, I never knew exactly where it would take me. When I began dating my husband, he stated to me that he was into hair and looked at me with my ear-length hair (that I had just chopped off) and asked, "so what are you gonna do about it"? "What am I gonna do about what?" was my reply. "My hair, only grows to a certain length (just grazing the bottom of my neck) then it breaks off" "Why?" was his reply. "I don't know, that's just the way it is!", I answered.

In actuality, the last time, I had a long head of hair, I probably was about 9 years old. That was back in the days of the good old press and curl. My Aunt Pyzou (r.i.p.) would wash my hair, do a hot oil treatment and press the hell out of my hair. At that time my hair was about the length it is now (it is now grazing Arm-Pit length I have to upload some new pics). But when my Aunt moved down to Florida, and I stayed in NY with my mom (who had no clue) my hair went down south too. LOL!


There was a few times in my adult life when I have acheived a decent lenghth of hair. Back in 2002, I grew my hair to shoulder length. At that time, I was religiously going to the Dominicans. Now, I have learned so much that I only go to the Dominicans every two months for a relaxer. Other than that, I do my own hair. In this economy, I am sure a lot of ladies are looking to do the same.

To that end, on this blog, I will show various hairstyles and what I've done to acheive these styles. Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Happy Hair Growing!

No comments: