Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Care Free Curl Activator


Believe it or not, this is one of my staples. After co-washing my hair, I apply a leave-in conditioner and air-dry overnight in a ponytail with the ends braided. The next morning, I unravel the braids, mix a quarter sized amount of this with my moisturizer (Aveda Brilliant is one of my faves) and run it over my hair paying special attention to the ends. I then seal with coconut oil. I also use the Care Free Spray for moisture also. It is also good to use these products with the plastic cap for an added moisture boost.
Trust me, these products are the truth! Remember back in the Jheri Curl days everyones hair was long. That moisture is the key. It makes your hair stronger and more resilient thus allowing you to maintain the length. Less breakage equals longer hair. It's not rocket science ladies.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hiya, Could I use your method just like that or do i need a curly perm before? I'd like to try out a jehri curl type style this year, any advice or tips?

Dee AKA said...

Sure, Louie Jehri curls are back and have been revolutionized. It's not half as drippy as it used to be.